- Anagram: Or Maybe Not
Patterson and her boyfriend, David, decode a tattoo clue that sends the team to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). While at the CDC, the team discovers a hidden message on Jane's body that uncovers a plot that could have catastrophic global consequences. Meanwhile, Jane and Weller grow closer.
In a complete lapse of judgment, Patterson leaves photos of Jane's tattoos lying around her house where her boyfriend David can see them; however, when he gets a hit on a tattoo with the CDC logo, she has to share the discovery with the team. Sensing the impropriety, Mayfair uses it to put Patterson off the track of the Guerrero file.
A visit to the CDC's lab requires ultraviolet decontamination, which exposes a series of numbers tattooed on Jane's face in invisible ink. Those numbers correspond to vials of the world's most virulent diseases, which have gone missing.
It turns out the CDC's director and her assistant are embroiled in a misguided scheme to save the world by destroying it by causing a global pandemic. The team rushes to the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, where they find a suitcase set to disperse a toxic cloud. When Weller is left alone to guard the contained device, Jane senses a threat and rushes in to save his life and countless others.
At the end of a tough day, there are three new factors in the mix: Zapata has $40K in gambling debts with three days to pay up or else; CIA Deputy Director Carter wants to interrogate Jane and Mayfair is the only thing standing in his way; and Patterson has tested Jane's tooth to find the presence of an isotope that indicates she was born in sub-Saharan Africa. Thus she cannot be Taylor Shaw, who was born in Pennsylvania - a conclusion Weller refuses to accept.
- Sullivan Stapleton as Special Agent Kurt Weller
- Jaimie Alexander as Jane Doe, aka Remi Briggs, aka Alice Kruger
- Rob Brown as Special Agent Edgar Reade
- Audrey Esparza as Special Agent Natasha ‘Tasha’ Zapata
- Ashley Johnson as William Patterson
- Ukweli Roach as Robert Borden also known as Nigel Thornton
- Marianne Jean-Baptiste as Deputy Director Bethany Mayfair
|Location: Unknown||Meaning: CDC's logo and address.|
|This tattoo is decoded by Patterson with the help of her boyfriend, David Wagner. It indicated the adress of the CDC and it hid the organization's logo.|
|Location: Forehead, right and left cheek. Invisible.||Meaning: CDC's codes for virus samples.|
|The ink of this tattoo was invisible and only seen under the CDC ultraviolet light. The numbers are codes of deadly virus samples pointing to some stolen samples that were taken to start a massive infection worldwide.|
- Jane remembers being taken by a man.
- An isotopic test determines that Jane was born in South Saharan Africa, making it impossible for her to be Taylor Shaw.
- Daffodils by Mark Ronson - (At Patterson's apartmen while making breakfast for her and David)
- The episode's title is an anagram for "Or Maybe Not".
- When Weller and Zapata are walking along the water and talking the USS Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum can be seen in the background.
|“Blindspot”, Season 1|
01. Pilot also known as “Woe Has Joined” • 02. “A Stray Howl” • 03. “Eight Slim Grins” • 04. “Bone May Rot” • 05. “Split the Law” • 06. “Cede Your Soul” • 07. “Sent on Tour” • 08. “Persecute Envoys” • 09. “Authentic Flirt” • 10. “Evil Handmade Instrument” • 11. “Cease Forcing Enemy” • 12. “Scientists Hollow Fortune” • 13. “Erase Weary Youth” • 14. “Rules in Defiance” • 15. “Older Cutthroat Canyon” • 16. “Any Wounded Thief” • 17. “Mans Telepathic Loyal Lookouts” • 18. “One Begets Technique” • 19. “In the Comet of Us” • 20. “Swift Hardhearted Stone” • 21. “Of Whose Uneasy Route” • 22. “If Love a Rebel, Death Will Render” • 23. “Why Await Life’s End”